The Tilley hat fits more comfortably than other hats - so it often looks better, too. It’s designed to be worn low on your head and slightly loose, and should be held on by gravity.
If you already know your regular (non-Tilley) hat size, we recommend that you select one size larger when you order your Tilley. For instance, if you’re normally a 7¼, order a 7⅜. However, to be sure, we recommend you use our measurement and sizing instructions below.
How to measure your head
1. You’ll need a fabric tape measure - or a piece of string and a ruler.
2. Wrap the fabric tape measure or string around your head.
3. The measuring tool should be level.
4. It should rest just above your eyebrows.
5. Do not wrap the measuring tool too tightly around your head.
6. If using a string, compare the length against a ruler.
7. Take the measurement from the fabric tape measure or string and compare it to the chart below to find your hat size.
|X-SMALL (XS)||21 5/8||55||6 7/8|
|MEDIUM (M)||22 3/8 - 22 3/4||57 - 58||7 1/8 - 7 1/4|
|LARGE (L)||23 1/8 - 23 1/2||59 - 60||7 3/8 - 7 1/2|
|XLARGE (XL)||23 7/8 - 24 1/4||61 - 61.5||7 5/8 - 7 3/4|
|2XLARGE (2XL)||24 5/8||62.5||7 7/8|
|3XLARGE (3XL)*||25 - 26 1/2||63.5 - 66.5||8 - 8+*|
Most Tilley hats range between sizes 7 and 7 7/8. However we carry a few select sizes 6 7/8 and 8/8+. These styles are: 6 7/8: T3 Cotton Duck, LTM3 Airflo®, LTM5 Airflo®, LTM6 Airflo®, T5MO Organic Airflo®.
8/8+: LTM3 Airflo®, LTM5 Airflo®, LTM6 Airflo®, T3 Cotton Duck, T5MO Organic Airflo®.
Contact Customer Service for sizing help & questions at Tilley.com/contact.