You said it
“Alex – that bag in your ad is one of the best things I have purchased from your firm. Everything I carried before buying it was a ‘pain’. We are still on the go at 77, and still wearing some of your travel clothes purchased more than 10 years ago; certainly a better investment than electronics.”
S7 Tilley Shantung Fedora
The S7 Tilley Shantung Fedora is designed with a medium brim and trimmed in a natty black and grey ribbon hatband. Created using paper made of pulp derived from rice stalks, our handwoven Japanese Shantung straw proves to be a smooth, durable and pliable material that provides maximum sun protection.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select a Color : Off-White
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
Brim size: Front and Back: 2 ¼” Sides: 2 ½”
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Repels rain
- Secret pocket
- Not Guaranteed for Life
- Medium brim
Weighs 3.5 oz.
- Made from 100% shantung with a water resistant finish.
- Shantung is a paper product from Japan made of pulp derived from rice stalks. The paper is created and then cut on a slitting machine and coiled into long lengths. The lengths are hand woven into a smooth, durable and pliable material.
- The fabrics of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- The Hat can be spot-cleaned with a soft dampened cloth but not washed. At the front of the hat there is a removable Hydrofil® forehead sweatband that wicks moisture away to keep you cool. The removable sweatband can be hand washed in warm water and soap and air-dried.
- In the event of creases, re-shape the hat by softly using your hands. Stubborn creases can be dealt with using steam. Leave it in the bathroom while you take a shower and then re-shape by hand. Another option is to hold it over a teakettle, allowing the steam to penetrate. Re-shape by hand and let air-dry. It is helpful to stuff the crown with tissue or with a small towel to keep the shape while drying. Be careful with the steam - it's very hot!
- If the Shantung Fedora gets wet, reshape immediately and air-dry to prevent it from becoming misshapen.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
APPEARANCE AND COMFORT:
To protect you from the sun and rain, Tilleys fit lower than other hats. This also tends to give one a rather dashing appearance! For your comfort, they're held on by gravity, not painful pressure on your forehead. On a hot muggy day, you'll especially appreciate this!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds. We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
EXCELLENT SUN PROTECTION:
The fabric of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
Yes, this Hat has been treated with a water resistant finish, but it is no sou’wester! The finish will probably give you enough protection to have time to find shelter, but shantung is not meant for a steady rain. We do, however, realize that Mother Nature can be unpredictable, so here are some tips on how to re-shape your Shantung Fedora if it does get caught in that downpour! Shantung is pliable, so while it is still wet, re-shape the brim with your hands and stuff the crown with tissue or a towel. Once dry, if you still have some creases use steam, or a damp cloth to smooth over. Try not to crush, or stuff your wet shantung Hat into a bag, etc. It will dry looking crushed! If that happens, simply wet the Hat again with a damp cloth, and follow the directions above.
HYDROFIL®. ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates. The removable sweatband piece can be hand washed in warm water and soap and air-dried.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
There are 8 of these in the Secret Pocket. You'll have fun with them; they can even get you into trouble, if you wish.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately. Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.