You said it
“Tilley Hats really will outlast their owners! I had found my hat a few years ago in my late grandfather’s home. I know he had this hat long before my time (I’m 20 now) and I know I’m going to keep this for plenty more years. This hat is perfect for me when I’m out fly-fishing (which I picked up from him) or camping, or just anything in the outdoors. I love this hat! I will wear it in his memory, and with pride!”
R10 Women’s Cloche Raffia Hat
The R10 Women’s Cloche Raffia Hat is designed with a gently sloping brim and trimmed in a white leather hatband with chic silver buckle. A practical grosgrain ribbon wind cord helps to the Hat in place when needed. This Hat has stylish appeal as well as excellent sun protection.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
Brim size: 2 1/2” all around
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Repels rain
- Ties on in the wind
- 4-page Owner's Manual
- Secret pocket
- Three removable and washable sweatband pieces
- Crushable and packable
- White leather hatband with silver buckle
- Not Guaranteed for Life
- Medium brim
Weighs 4.2 oz.
- The Hat is made from 100% Madagascar raffia. The hatband is %100 leather.
- Please don't pick the "picks" on the Raffia Hats! "Picks" in the Raffia braid may appear over time as the Hat is worn. These "picks" are natural and should not be trimmed. Trimming the braid or trimming threads too close to the braid can cause the braid or stitching to unravel.
- The fabrics of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- The Hat can be spot-cleaned with a soft dampened cloth but not washed. At the front of the hat there is a removable Hydrofil® forehead sweatband that wicks moisture away to keep you cool. The removable sweatband can be hand washed in warm water and soap and air-dried. We provide 3 sweatbands for your convenience.
- In the event of creases, re-shape the hat by softly using your hands. Stubborn creases can be dealt with using steam. Leave it in the bathroom while you take a shower and then re-shape by hand. Another option is to hold it over a teakettle, allowing the steam to penetrate. Re-shape by hand and let dry. Be careful with the steam - it's very hot!
- Try not to crush, or stuff your wet raffia Hat into a bag, etc. It will dry looking crushed! If that happens, simply wet the Hat again with a damp cloth, and follow the directions above.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
( 5 )
Gorgeous & functional!
What a beautiful hat, and top performance to boot! Love it and recommend to anyone.
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
APPEARANCE AND COMFORT:
To protect you from the sun and rain, Tilleys fit lower than other hats. This also tends to give one a rather dashing appearance! For your comfort, they're held on by gravity, not painful pressure on your forehead. On a hot muggy day, you'll especially appreciate this!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds. We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
EXCELLENT SUN PROTECTION:
The fabric of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
Yes, this Hat has been treated with a water resistant finish, but it is no sou’wester! The finish will probably give you enough protection to have time to find shelter, but raffia is not meant for a steady rain. We do, however, realize that Mother Nature can be unpredictable, so here are some tips on how to re-shape your Raffia Hat if it does get caught in that downpour! Raffia is pliable, so while it is still wet, re-shape the brim with your hands. Once dry, if you still have some creases use steam, or a damp cloth to smooth over. Try not to crush, or stuff your wet raffia Hat into a bag, etc. It will dry looking crushed! If that happens, simply wet the Hat again with a damp cloth, and follow the directions above.
The Hat comes with an adjustable Wind Cord. When it's windy, you can snug up the chin cord using the toggle. See the Owner's Manual, which accompanies each Hat, for amplification.
4-PAGE OWNER'S MANUAL:
I think you'll find it a good read. It's available in either English or French.
HYDROFIL®. ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates. The removable sweatband pieces can be hand washed in warm water and soap and air-dried. We provide 3 sweatbands for your convenience.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
There are 8 of these in the Secret Pocket. You'll have fun with them; they can even get you into trouble, if you wish.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately. Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.