You said it
“A highlight of my 75th Birthday celebration was sitting by the pool with my brother
sharing stories with him, and enjoying a ‘Cerveza’ or two. We were of course wearing our Tilleys, so we were ‘cool’.”
, British Columbia
NEW TO55 Orbit Hat
For those who wanted a little more than our medium brim but a little less than our broad brim, we introduce the ‘Orbit’ Hat’s intermediate brim.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select a Color : Natural With Mocha Binding
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing and color above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
Brim size: Front and back: 3 1/4" Sides: 2 1/4"
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Repels rain, floats
- Ties on in the wind
- Secret pocket
- Machine washable, won't shrink
- 4-page Owner's Manual
- Intermediate brim
Natural colour weighs 3.9 ounces
Khaki colour weighs 5 ounces
- Natural colour is made from 78% organic cotton and 22% hemp. Brim binding is 100% hemp. Both with a water repellent finish. Khaki colour is made from rain and mildew resistant pre-shrunk 10 oz. 100% cotton duck.
- The fabrics of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- Yes, Dorothy, there can be truth in advertising. For instance, although our Hats block 98% of UV rays, some rays COULD enter through the ventilation grommets.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another. Your Tilley will be equal to that presented to a president or princess. ("Hi, Duke! How long have you had your Tilley?" could be an effective opener.)
- Wash it frequently or non-removable sweat stains will mar it and possibly rot it. Machine wash on delicate cycle separately or hand wash in cool water. Do not use bleach as it remains inside the Hat, slowly rotting it. Smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
( 5 )
I was in desert and tropical climates on a work trip and needed a hat that would work for going to an office as well as touring. The natural with the mocha binding is very flattering and it worked well with office attire and casual. Great style and fit.
United States )
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
APPEARANCE AND COMFORT:
To protect you from the sun and rain, Tilleys fit lower than other hats. This also tends to give one a rather dashing appearance! For your comfort, they're held on by gravity, not painful pressure on your forehead. On a hot muggy day, you'll especially appreciate this!
Your Hat is guaranteed for life (yours, mine or its) not to wear out or fall apart. We're delighted to think that yours may be passed on to the next generation!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds. We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
EXCELLENT SUN PROTECTION:
The fabric of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given. Although our Hats block 98% of UV rays, some rays COULD enter the ventilation grommets.
Not perfectly but usually quite adequately. The brim channels water away for improved foul-weather protection.
A layer of closed-cell foam in the crown, and sometimes in the brim, provides the Tilley's positive buoyancy. This is a boon to boaters and fishermen/women/people. Good grief! People have told us that this foam layer has helped save their lives. Double your money back if it doesn't save yours. Apply personally....
The Tilley comes with a tuckaway, adjustable, fore 'n' aft Wind Cord. When it's calm, the Wind Cord stays hidden in the crown. When there's a breeze, place the part with the sliding knots behind your head. When it's windy or you're sailing, use the chin part too. See the Owner's Manual, which accompanies each Hat, for amplification or visit our Facebook page to watch the Tilley Hat Wind Cord tutorial.
After washing, smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
4-PAGE OWNER'S MANUAL:
You'll find it a good read. It's also available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. Please specify if it should be other than in English.
HYDROFIL® ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
There are 8 of these in the Secret Pocket. You'll have fun with them; they can even get you into trouble, if you wish.
Most hat makers make 4 or 5 sizes; we make 13, and even individual Hats beyond that size range when necessary. As a matter of principle, no one shall be deprived of the pleasure and privileges of Tilley Hat ownership simply because of an uncommon head size.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately. Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.