You said it
“While hanging out at the hotel pool with my dad (both of us wearing Tilley), I noticed that the beer was getting warm. My dad got up to get ice, but couldn’t find any buckets so he improvised and used his Tilley. The Tilley Airflo® Hat had ample room to carry more than enough ice and the mesh worked well to let the excess water run out. Best of all, after dumping the ice in the cooler, the Tilley was nice and cool when back on his head. Maybe this is not your normal deep jungle solution, but not that shabby for urban lazy guys.”
NEW TDBC Tec-Wool ‘Duckbill’ Cap
Three seasons of comfort. The aptly named ‘Duckbill’ Cap combines standout styling with warmth and ever-practical tuckaway earwarmers. This lightweight wool Cap is made with c_change™ technology manufactured by Schoeller® Switzerland. The c_change™ membrane 'closes' when exposed to cold air and 'opens' in response to warmth, allowing air to escape.
2XL size coming soon!
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing and color above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
Weighs 4 ounces
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Wool blend exterior
- c_change™ technology membrane 'closes' when exposed to cold air and 'opens' in response to warm air
- Unique tuckaway earwarmers
- Treated for rain and snow repellency
- Secret pocket
- Crushable and packable
- Dry cleanable
- For materials, we selected a warm and durable blend of 75% wool, 19% polyester and 6% polyurethane in Black Mix and 91% wool, 9% polyurethane in Grey/Black Herringbone pattern. Both are made with a bonded c_change™ membrane manufactured by Schoeller® Switzerland.
- The c_change™ membrane is bonded to the wool exterior and reacts to changing body temperatures. The membrane 'closes' when exposed to cold air and 'opens' in response to warmth, allowing air to escape.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
( 1 )
Ear flaps don't work
The ear flaps on this hat are useless. They don't come down far enough cover your ears, and are too loose to block the wind.
United States )
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
Your Hat is guaranteed for life (yours, mine or its) not to wear out or fall apart. We're delighted to think that yours may be passed on to the next generation!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds.
We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
TUCKAWAY EAR WARMERS?:
They neatly tuckaway inside the Hat, ready to be flipped down in cold and windy conditions.
REPELS RAIN AND SNOW:
The fabric has been treated for rain and snow repellency.
HYDROFIL® ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately.
Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.