You said it
“My mother, Mary Prime, gave my son, Ryan Bolton, the Intrepid Bag for Christmas. He absolutely loved the bag. In the picture he is on a layover (in Zurich) from Kenya back to Canada. Ryan works for Free The Children, and had just completed a visit to Kenya where they helped to build some schools, visited with Maasai warriors, celebrated New Year’s with the Maasai as well as the Kenyan Boys Choir. He has upcoming trips to China and India in 2011. I am sure the bag will be a constant companion.”
DR. LINDA BOLTON
NEW TDBC Tec-Wool ‘Duckbill’ Cap
Three seasons of comfort. The aptly named ‘Duckbill’ Cap combines standout styling with warmth and ever-practical tuckaway earwarmers. This lightweight wool Cap is made with c_change™ technology manufactured by Schoeller® Switzerland. The c_change™ membrane 'closes' when exposed to cold air and 'opens' in response to warmth, allowing air to escape.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing and color above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
Weighs 4 ounces
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Wool blend exterior
- c_change™ technology membrane 'closes' when exposed to cold air and 'opens' in response to warm air
- Unique tuckaway earwarmers
- Treated for rain and snow repellency
- Secret pocket
- Crushable and packable
- Dry cleanable
- For materials, we selected a warm and durable blend of 75% wool, 19% polyester and 6% polyurethane in Black Mix and 91% wool, 9% polyurethane in Grey/Black Herringbone pattern. Both are made with a bonded c_change™ membrane manufactured by Schoeller® Switzerland.
- The c_change™ membrane is bonded to the wool exterior and reacts to changing body temperatures. The membrane 'closes' when exposed to cold air and 'opens' in response to warmth, allowing air to escape.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
( 4 )
Becoming a favorite
This hat is becoming my go-to hat. I've worn it every day since I got it. Very comfortable, looks good, something you don't see every day. My winter Tilley is still best for the coldest days, but I love the look of this cap.
( 1 )
Ear flaps don't work
The ear flaps on this hat are useless. They don't come down far enough cover your ears, and are too loose to block the wind.
United States )
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
Your Hat is guaranteed for life (yours, mine or its) not to wear out or fall apart. We're delighted to think that yours may be passed on to the next generation!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds.
We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
TUCKAWAY EAR WARMERS?:
They neatly tuckaway inside the Hat, ready to be flipped down in cold and windy conditions.
REPELS RAIN AND SNOW:
The fabric has been treated for rain and snow repellency.
HYDROFIL® ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately.
Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.