You said it
“ I bought my first Tilley Hat in the fall of 2010. It is a Tilley Charcoal Winter Hat and I immediately ‘fell in love with it’. I loved the feel of the material and its perfect fit on my head. During the next few months, as we passed from our normal chilly fall into a very cold winter, the Tilley Winter Hat constantly kept my head and ears warm. Regardless of the temperature, the strength of the wind, the amount of snow or rain, my head was dry and very comfortable. Everywhere I go, I receive compliments on the style, look, design and feel of the Tilley Winter Hat. The soft brim enables me to wear the hat while photographing outdoors, but it isn’t too soft to lose the beautiful stylish look. I enjoyed the hat so much that I bought a lighterweight hat to wear in the spring. A Tilley Hat is now a standard part of my attire and I plan to purchase a third Tilley Hat for the upcoming hot summer days.”
FRANK KENDRALLA JR.
NEW TCH9 Women's Organic Cotton/Hemp Hat
This eye-catching red Tilley Hat is designed with a medium down-sloping brim. This organic cotton and hemp blend makes it breathable and lightweight.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
Brim size: Front and Sides: 3" Back: 2 3/4"
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Repels rain, floats
- Ties on in the wind
- Secret pocket
- Hand washable, won't shrink
- 4-page Owner's Manual
- Medium brim
Weighs 4 ounces
- Made from 78% organic cotton and 22% hemp with water repellent finish.
- The fabrics of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another. Your Tilley will be equal to that presented to a president or princess. ("Hi, Duke! How long have you had your Tilley?" could be an effective opener.)
- Like its owner, your Tilley Hat requires a little care to look lovely for life.
- Wash: Hand wash gently in warm water with mild soap. Do not use any fabric softener or bleach!
- Dry: Gently wrap in towel to remove excess water. Smooth out any wrinkles and put it over a bowl that is turned upside down or stuff with tissue paper to maintain the shape of the crown. Let it dry with the brim turned down (like an umbrella).
- Air Dry. When it is dry, shape it back by turning the edge of the brim up all around like it was when you first became enamoured with it.
- Iron: Depending on your preference it may need a little touch up. If so, using the “cotton” temperature setting, iron the brim and crown area.
- We are hopeful that you will enjoy the character your special Tilley begins to develop now and forever. Remember, it is guaranteed for life not to wear out.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
APPEARANCE AND COMFORT:
To protect you from the sun and rain, Tilleys fit lower than other hats. This also tends to give one a rather dashing appearance! For your comfort, they're held on by gravity, not painful pressure on your forehead. On a hot muggy day, you'll especially appreciate this!
Your Hat is guaranteed for life (yours, mine or its) not to wear out or fall apart. We're delighted to think that yours may be passed on to the next generation!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds. We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
EXCELLENT SUN PROTECTION:
The fabric of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given
Not perfectly but usually quite adequately. The brim channels water away for improved foul-weather protection.
A layer of closed-cell foam in the crown, and sometimes in the brim, provides the Tilley's positive buoyancy. This is a boon to boaters and fishermen/women/people. Good grief! People have told us that this foam layer has helped save their lives. Double your money back if it doesn't save yours. Apply personally....
The Tilley comes with a tuckaway, adjustable, fore 'n' aft Wind Cord. When it's calm, the Wind Cord stays hidden in the crown. When there's a breeze, place the part with the sliding knots behind your head. When it's windy or you're sailing, use the chin part too. See the Owner's Manual, which accompanies each Hat, for amplification or visit our Facebook page to watch the Tilley Hat Wind Cord tutorial.
After washing, smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
4-PAGE OWNER'S MANUAL:
You'll find it a good read. It's also available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. Please specify if it should be other than in English.
HYDROFIL® ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
There are 8 of these in the Secret Pocket. You'll have fun with them; they can even get you into trouble, if you wish.
Most hat makers make 4 or 5 sizes; we make 13, and even individual Hats beyond that size range when necessary. As a matter of principle, no one shall be deprived of the pleasure and privileges of Tilley Hat ownership simply because of an uncommon head size.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately. Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.