You said it
“I have recently returned from spending more than a year overseas and I would like to report that my Tilley Hat saw it all, and did it all with me. From the streets of Europe’s capitals, across the wilds of Siberia, through the narrow alleys of a Chinese hutong my Tilley Hat never failed me. I took it trekking through the jungles of Southeast Asia, across the Australian Outback, through ancient ruins in the Middle East, and Egypt and across half of the African continent.”
Multi Tech Excursion Vest
Based on our popular Vest Of Many Pockets (VOMP) design, this Tilley Multi Tech Excursion Vest is made using a durable and quick-drying fabric. With an astounding seventeen pockets (yes, you read that correctly), most secured with Velcro® or YKK zipper closures, this vest can carry almost everything you need. Travel tip: load up the Excursion vest with your travel necessities and documents and then put the whole vest through the airport scanner; it usually won’t count as weighted baggage. This is a unisex item with measurements in men's sizing.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing and color above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
Sizing is Canadian. For sizing conversions, please see our Sizing Guide
Select your size
- Durable lightweight fabric with stretch for comfort
- Ten outside pockets in total: two gusseted front chest pockets with Velcro®-sealed flaps (left one has pen pocket) large enough for keys or dog treats
- YKK zipper pocket on middle left side large enough for boarding pass or map
- Three-in-one bottom left front pocket (one pocket with Velcro®-closure, one pocket with a flap and Velcro®-closure and a hand warmer pocket); large enough for a paperback book or map
- Three-in-one bottom right front pocket (one pocket with YKK zipper-closure, one pocket with a flap and Velcro®-closure and a hand warmer pocket); large enough for digital camera or music player
- Seven interior pockets: top right side has a tri- pen/glasses/misc. pocket; one of them with Velcro® tab closure
- Bottom right has one Velcro®-closed pocket large enough for passport or e-reader
- Top left has a pocket with Velcro® tab closure big enough for digital camera or cell phone
- Bottom left has one Velcro®-closed pocket for a e-reader
- One large Velcro®-sealed pocket in across interior back; Alex uses to store a light sweater or zip-off legs
- Wide collar with drop front and back yoke and stainless steel D-ring on front left side
- Shoulders with adjustable Velcro® tabs to handily secure bags and straps on shoulders
- Adjustable snap waist tabs
- Vented back with mesh inserts
- Fabric certified “EXCELLENT” UV protection, UPF 50+, the maximum rating given
- Centre back length: 28”
- Wrinkle resistant
- This lightweight fabric is made from 71% nylon and 29% polyester. Fabric has elasticity, stretch, durability and is quick drying.
- Fabric certified “EXCELLENT” UV protection, rated UPF 50+, the maximum rating given.
- This fabric has been tested and certified as providing ultraviolet protection. For more information on sun protection and the fabric testing please see: A Fashionable Defense- Sun Protection from Head to Toe.
- Wash 'n' wear. Air-dries overnight. Only the fussiest would iron. Clothing air-dries more quickly if wrung out within an absorbent towel after hand washing. Tilley clothing benefits from being smoothed out and drip-dried on hangers in a well-ventilated area after being hand washed.
- Machine wash cold or hand wash cool. You can choose to either tumble dry on low or smooth out wrinkles and hang to dry. If desired, iron using a low setting. Do not bleach and do not use fabric softeners. Do not dry clean. If washing with other items, wash with like colours.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
( 5 )
This is the one!
Of all the vests that I own and have owned through out the years, this is the one that I keep coming back to. It is just the best hot weather vest that I have ever worn. I have to wear a lot of "hats" being the managing entity of four firms. This vest carries all the essentials for travel, surveillance, estimation and sales with comfort and convenience. I couldn't do without it. In the Arizona heat it is still cool and nothing falls out or becomes lost. Thank you Tilley for a well thought out, quality vest. For me this is the only one!