You said it
“Alex – that bag in your ad is one of the best things I have purchased from your firm. Everything I carried before buying it was a ‘pain’. We are still on the go at 77, and still wearing some of your travel clothes purchased more than 10 years ago; certainly a better investment than electronics.”
LTM8 Mesh AIRFLO® Nylamtium®
The LTM8 AIRFLO® Tilley Hat is designed with a broad brim and a strong ‘3-D’ polyester UPF 50+ mesh which blocks sunlight, but allows air to pass easily through. The mesh has also been treated to provide water repellency. Made with Tilley Nylamtium®, a strong water-and-mildew resistant form of lightweight nylon.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select a Color : Khaki With Olive Underbrim
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Dark underbrim for glare protection
- Repels rain, floats
- Ties on in the wind
- Machine washable, won't shrink
- 4-page Owner's Manual
- Secret pocket
- Broad brim with 3" ventilation UPF 50+, water-repellent mesh
Brim size: Front and Back: 3 1/2" Sides: 2 1/2"
Weighs 4 ounces
- Fabric made from 100% supplex nylon Tilley Nylamtium®. Mesh made from 100% polyester.
- The fabric and 3" mesh of this Tilley Hat has been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. The brass is from Britain and is the best there is. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another. Your Tilley will be equal to that presented to a president or princess. ("Hi, Duke! How long have you had your Tilley?" could be an effective opener.)
- Wash it frequently or non-removable sweat stains will mar it and possibly rot it. Machine wash on delicate cycle separately or hand wash in cool water. Do not use bleach as it remains inside the Hat, slowly rotting it. Smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
( 5 )
I have owned this Hat for almost a year and am very satisfied. Thru sun, wind and rain it never fails me and always looks great. I love that I can "store" it by hanging it down my back by the cord around my neck, no carrying it if I decide I do not want to wear it. Wind cords very adjustable and sometimes I tie the front one under my chin. Altogether most pleasing and I am back today to buy the LTM2! Don't leave home without it!
United States )
( 5 )
Top Shelf Hat, Unbeatable Quality!
I am a tennis pro and need not only a hat that protects against the sun but one that is cool, comfortable and can stand 7 days a week, 10 hours a day wear. This hat is the only hat I've found that can handle that kind of abuse. I have never been attached to any article of clothing like this before. I hate being without it. Anyone that is hesitating spending $82 on this hit (like me) listen well. This hat is worth every penny! You can buy (3) $30 hats that will never outlast your Tilley. I cannot say enough about mine. I love it!
( 5 )
I ordered this hat last Thursday night and with the normal shipping and it arrived on Monday. That in itself is really good! I normally don't wear hats too often for 2 reason.
1) I can hardly ever (used to say never before ordering from Tilley) find a hat that fits my head! My head is a good 26 inches in circumference and size 8 just doesn't fit. It is much too tight. I have always tried to find a hat that is big enough and when I saw size 8+ I knew it would be the hat for me! I am wearing it right now and it is the best fitting hat I have ever had! Most of my facebook posts now end with "...and wearing my awesome new hat!"
2) I normally don't like to wear a hat when it is warm because it traps the heat in. Your body gets rid of most of it's heat through your head and capping that (unintended pun) just didn't work for me because I was always so much warmer. This hat is great for that! The mesh on the sides of it let it breathe so much more. If there is a light breeze, I can feel it in my hair while wearing this hat, that is so great for me!
I have no problem paying for quality and if I ever lose my hat, I am happy to buy a new one! I just have to keep in mind where I put the warranty card, and if I forget I can just call and ask where it is!
United States )
( 5 )
I have owned the LTM8 for approximately 3 years. I live in south central New Mexico where the summer desert heat can exceed 100 degrees. This is my "go to" hat for the heat. I have worn it in a variety of conditions while working, hiking, etc. The 3-D mesh DOES block the uv rays, unlike many mesh crowns on "look alike" hats. A durable, cool, washable hat. I am glad I purchased it.
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
APPEARANCE AND COMFORT:
To protect you from the sun and rain, Tilleys fit lower than other hats. This also tends to give one a rather dashing appearance!
For your comfort, they're held on by gravity, not painful pressure on your forehead. On a hot muggy day, you'll especially appreciate this!
Your Hat is guaranteed for life (yours, mine or its) not to wear out or fall apart. We're delighted to think that yours may be passed on to the next generation!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds.
We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
EXCELLENT SUN PROTECTION:
The fabric and 3" mesh of this Tilley Hat has been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
Many Hats have a dark underbrim to reduce glare from water, sand and pavement.
Not perfectly but usually quite adequately. The brim channels water away for improved foul-weather protection.
A layer of closed-cell foam in the crown, and sometimes in the brim, provides the Tilley's positive buoyancy. This is a boon to boaters and fishermen/women/people. Good grief!
People have told us that this foam layer has helped save their lives. Double your money back if it doesn't save yours. Apply personally....
The Tilley comes with a tuckaway, adjustable, fore 'n' aft Wind Cord. When it's calm, the Wind Cord stays hidden in the crown. When there's a breeze, place the part with the sliding knots behind your head. When it's windy or you're sailing, use the chin part too.
See the Owner's Manual, which accompanies each Hat, for amplification or visit our Facebook page to watch the Tilley Hat Wind Cord tutorial.
After washing, smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
4-PAGE OWNER'S MANUAL:
You'll find it a good read. It's also available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. Please specify if it should be other than in English.
HYDROFIL® ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
There are 8 of these in the Secret Pocket. You'll have fun with them; they can even get you into trouble, if you wish.
Most hat makers make 4 or 5 sizes; we make 13, and even individual Hats beyond that size range when necessary.
As a matter of principle, no one shall be deprived of the pleasure and privileges of Tilley Hat ownership simply because of an uncommon head size.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately.
Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.