You said it
My Tilley Hat is now 15 years old. He (not ‘it’ as he has been such a close travelling companion) has crossed the equator and both tropics at least a dozen times. He has explored African deserts, the Amazon Rain Forest, the islands of the Galapagos, mountain-top Machu Picchu, inside Egyptian pyramids, and countless temples, beaches and villages around the world. He has endured travel in planes, boats, trains, and on horses and camels in snow, sleet, hail, rain, and sunshine.
, British Columbia
LTM3 AIRFLO® Nylamtium® Hat
The LTM3 AIRFLO® Tilley Hat is designed with a medium brim that snaps up Aussie style and and ¾" polyester mesh in the crown for coolness and comfort during hot days and strenuous activities. Made with Tilley Nylamtium®, a strong water-and-mildew resistant form of lightweight nylon.
Read Reviews |
Write a Review
Select a Color : Natural With Green Underbrim
Select your size
Fitting the Hat
Please double-check that you have selected the correct sizing and color above before you add this item to your shopping cart.
- Guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Insured against loss
- Excellent sun protection, rated UPF 50+
- Dark underbrim for glare protection
- Repels rain, floats
- Ties on in the wind
- Machine washable, won't shrink
- 4-page Owner's Manual
- Secret pocket
- Medium snap-up brim with ¾" ventilation mesh
Brim size: Front: 2 3/4" Back: 2 3/4" Sides: 2 3/8"
Weighs 4 ounces
- Fabric made from 100% supplex nylon Tilley Nylamtium®. Mesh made from 100% polyester.
- The fabrics of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
- You still need SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses with UV filters! Children especially need the UV filters in their sunglasses as non-filtering glasses will increase the size of their pupils, allowing even more of the damaging UV rays to enter. This often causes cataracts and retinal problems later in life and has happened in my (Alex Tilley's) own family.
- Yes, Dorothy, there can be truth in advertising. For instance, although our Hats block 98% of UV rays, some rays COULD enter through ¾" mesh.
- We hand-sew each Hat using very strong thread; all seams are lock-stitched so they won't unravel. The brass is from Britain and is the best there is. All Hats are made with such care and dedication that one is as good as another. Your Tilley will be equal to that presented to a president or princess. ("Hi, Duke! How long have you had your Tilley?" could be an effective opener.)
- Wash it frequently or non-removable sweat stains will mar it and possibly rot it. Machine wash on delicate cycle separately or hand wash in cool water. Do not use bleach as it remains inside the Hat, slowly rotting it. Smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
You must log in to post a product review
Do you already have a Tilley.com profile?
( 5 )
Didn't Realize How Long I Had It
It finally became evident that I needed to get a replacement hat for my LMT3. As I was getting set up to send the hat in to Tilley for replacement, I found the receipt for the original purchase of the hat. It was dated 1/2/2006! I have been wearing that hat at least 2 or 3 times a week for a little over 8 years! The hat has performed flawlessly during that whole period as a sun hat, a rain hat, and a wind shelter when necessary. I can't say enough good things about the hat. Thank you for a really great product!!!
United States )
( 4.5 )
Just bought this about 6 months ago and it disappeared. After much searching physical and mental no clue but there are more so I ordered the same again. This one for semidress. My other I wear for disc golf that last 12 years about three times a week and all the other outdoor days. Washed countess times still perfect. This one is around town with squarish brim the other is round. Both get compliments. Mostly I wear for sun and eye protection but even in rain it is good. Hats definitely give a person a look of authority, confidence, and friendliness IMHO. Good looks, good function, well built and lasting what else could you ask for? Tilley is a people company.
United States )
HERE'S WHY TILLEY HATS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED 'THE BEST IN THE WORLD.'
APPEARANCE AND COMFORT:
To protect you from the sun and rain, Tilleys fit lower than other hats. This also tends to give one a rather dashing appearance!
For your comfort, they're held on by gravity, not painful pressure on your forehead. On a hot muggy day, you'll especially appreciate this!
Your Hat is guaranteed for life (yours, mine or its) not to wear out or fall apart. We're delighted to think that yours may be passed on to the next generation!
INSURED AGAINST LOSS:
With your Hat, you'll be provided with "The Straight-Shooter's Statement of Loss of a Tilley Hat" insurance policy. The insurance is for two years, all perils, 50% deductible, and is not issued by Lloyds.
We understand the anguish of losing this reliable companion, or of having your dog terminally gnaw it. Should that happen, we'll replace your late, lamented Tilley at half the current catalogue price.
EXCELLENT SUN PROTECTION:
The fabric of all Tilley Hats have been certified to block 98 percent of harmful UVA/UVB radiation and deliver an ultraviolet factor (UPF) of 50+, the maximum rating given.
Yes, Dorothy, there can be truth in advertising. For instance, although our Hats block 98% of UV rays, some rays COULD enter through ¾" mesh.
Many Hats have a dark underbrim to reduce glare from water, sand and pavement.
Not perfectly but usually quite adequately. The brim channels water away for improved foul-weather protection.
A layer of closed-cell foam in the crown, and sometimes in the brim, provides the Tilley's positive buoyancy. This is a boon to boaters and fishermen/women/people. Good grief!
People have told us that this foam layer has helped save their lives. Double your money back if it doesn't save yours. Apply personally....
The Tilley comes with a tuckaway, adjustable, fore 'n' aft Wind Cord. When it's calm, the Wind Cord stays hidden in the crown. When there's a breeze, place the part with the sliding knots behind your head. When it's windy or you're sailing, use the chin part too.
See the Owner's Manual, which accompanies each Hat, for amplification or visit our Facebook page to watch the Tilley Hat Wind Cord tutorial.
After washing, smooth and reshape the Hat by hand and set it out to air dry. When the Hat is dry, simply re-stretch it, as an American sailor showed us, by putting your knee in the crown, and pulling firmly on the opposite side.
4-PAGE OWNER'S MANUAL:
You'll find it a good read. It's also available in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. Please specify if it should be other than in English.
HYDROFIL® ANTI-SWEAT BAND:
Soft and comfortable, it picks up sweat from your forehead and wicks it away to your temple area where it evaporates.
Inside the crown is a good-sized pocket sealed with Velcro®. In it, carry your I.D., hotel key, $10 bill (in your case, a $20), plus 50¢ for an emergency phone call.
There are 8 of these in the Secret Pocket. You'll have fun with them; they can even get you into trouble, if you wish.
Most hat makers make 4 or 5 sizes; we make 13, and even individual Hats beyond that size range when necessary.
As a matter of principle, no one shall be deprived of the pleasure and privileges of Tilley Hat ownership simply because of an uncommon head size.
BUT WHAT MAY BE MOST WONDERFUL OF ALL?
Those who wear Tilleys usually have innate good taste, creative minds and uncommon intelligence. Everybody knows that! And the Hats serve to identify such people to each other - immediately.
Because of these exceptional yet shared traits, virtually always, especially in foreign countries, Tilley wearers greet each other. Friendships have been formed because of the Hat, and that can be the nicest thing of all.